By Josh and Sarah
Its easy to eat a paleo friendly when you prepare it at home, but what happens wean you can’t prepare your own meal? Lets say your friends are going to dinner and you don’t want to be the antisocial health nut, or if you forget to pack your lunch for work that day. Its very possible go out to eat and keep your meal clean. Most restaurants have some type of meat or vegetable on the menu that you can order. However, it is important to ask the waiter what they use to cook the food with. Make sure that the veggies you ordered haven’t been drenched in butter before they sauteed them, and that the sauce that comes on your chicken doesn’t have soy in it. Must places will modify the meal in order to keep it more clean. If not, just tell the waiter that you have gluten and dairy allergies (most people actually are sensitive to these foods, even if they don’t know it).
Here are some tips that may help clean up your meal when you go out to eat.
1. If your friends are planning to go out to eat try to reccoemend a place you know has paleo friendly food. Sashimi at a Sushi restaurant is a great exmple.
2. Fajitas are also a great option. Just order grilled veggies instead of beans and rice, and ask for extra guacamole in place of sour cream and cheese.
3. Build-your-burrito places like Chipoltle offer fantastic salad options…just skip the beans, rice and cheese and pile it with meat, guacamole and salsa.
4. You can always get a hamburger with no bun…just skip the fries and order a side salad instead.
5. Thai and Vietnamese restaurants offer many dishes that don’t include noodles or rice, or can be easily altered.
6. You can even eat at your favorite barbecue restaurant…just ask for your favorite cut of meat without the sauce. They may not grilled vegetables, but they will usually be able to serve a sliced tomato or a side salad. Some even have sweet potatoes.